Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 1 Post Op - Ouch!

Day 1 - surgery went well, but the pain is substantial. My doctor, Dr. Stephen Bresnick (Encino, CA), suggests patients to stay the first night at a nursing facility (Tranquility) - and I'm glad I took him up on his suggestion. 24-hour nursing care not only allowed me and my husband (Nate) to get some rest after a long day, but allowed to see many of the care steps (line milking, medicine distribution, positioning, diet, etc.) demonstrated first hand by a professional.

Another key suggestion of Dr. Bresnick was the pain pump, inserted directly into the wound, which automatically dispersed painkillers at the source of the problem - this came at an extra expense ($300), but it was well worth it.

That being said - this still really, really, really hurts. Not as bad as natural labor...but I wish they gave me a 2-week epideral for this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home