Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 2 - I have to pee...and hope to pass gas.

Being on a diet of clear/mild foods (water, chicken broth, jello, applesauce, etc.), I go to the bathroom every 20 minutes - not a fun adventure when in this much pain while moving around. Tip: Set yourself up somewhere close to the bathroom - preferably no stairs in between - as it can be mighty unpleasant getting back and forth. Babywipes make the many visits bearable as they are both cool and clean.

The doctor says I need to pass gas before moving on to a more robust diet (this demonstrates that the bowels are working properly) and my husband is filled with child-like anticipation at my reaching this milestone...

To keep the personal information coming, I was "lucky" enough to get my period the night before surgery - adding some extra steps to the bathroom visits. Note: this did not interfere with the procedure in any way and the Doctor said he had seen this several times before. Again - babywipes to the rescue along with Always with Cleanwipes.

I miss holding my 5-month old, but am not allowed to lift anything heavier than 5-lbs, so it's going to be a bit longer before I'm back putting him to sleep...

I was able to help my husband go to sleep tonight, however, with some creative handplay...like the blog reads - my tummy hurts, but it's sessy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home